Thursday, April 5, 2012

Exstream Virustat KitB005CB6Y34 A filter that works

Katadyn Exstream Virustat Purifying Kit
Katadyn Exstream Virustat Purifying Kit Read more...

  • Highest safety level - removes all microorganisms including viruses
  • Purifies up to 26 gallons of water on a single cartridge

  • Made me sick
    Great water filter I used this filter when I went to Haiti as part of a relief team after the earthquake. I drank water from what ever source I could find and I had no problems what so ever. The best testimony I can give is that I spent a week over there and did not get sick. The filter does give a slight iodine taste but nothing like drinking water with iodine tablets added to it. The flavor is just a slight iodine flavor.I will have this filter with me when I go back next month and where ever I go that has a questionable water source.
    A filter that works I used the Katadyn Exstream filter and bottle when I traveled to Papua New Guinea and lasted the entire six weeks of the trip without getting sick. I'm going to be going to Kenya for another six weeks this year so I bought two more for that trip.
    Good flow but Iodine taste After having a similar product the Aquamira which used phyical filtering and had a glacially slow flow rate literally a drip I was wary of these water bottle type filters. I have found the flow rate for the katadyn is pretty good and easy to squeeze the bottle. My main issue is the iodine taste.I will stick with my filter with the pump. A bit more inconvenient as I was many wanting to use the katadyn while fishing clear trout waters.
    Read more...



    Related Products
    • Katadyn MyBottle Purifier, Blue Splash Microfilter vs Purifier Beware of the Microfilter vs purifier designation in the model name. This is a costreduced model that does not have the advanced filtering promoted on the Katadyn website. Granular activated carbon filtering improves taste rather than filter ...Read the full

    • Katadyn Pocket Water Microfilter The Classic Reliable Water Filter You Can Trust To Drink From The Katadyn pocket has a welldeserved reputation for reliability and durability. It is one of the pricier filters but is also rated to pump much more water than its competitors. The Katadyn pocket isn't ...Read the full

    • Katadyn Exstream Cyst Water Filter (2-Pack Kit) ...Read the full

    • Katadyn MyBottle Purifier Bottle Great for traveling We just returned from a week in Morocco and found the bottle to be wonderful. I can see where it could be a problem for outdoor enthusiasts but for the traveler it is great. While others on our trip were constantly ...Read the full

    • Katadyn MicroPur Purification Tablets - In Your Choice of Styles Comparing chemical treatment methods The EPA estimates that 90% of the world's fresh water is contaminated and unsuitable for drinking. The days of kneeling down on a hike and sipping from the stream are long gone. Don't make the mistake of thinking that just ...Read the full

    No comments:

    Exstream Virustat KitB005CB6Y34 A filter that works Post a Comment

    water bottle with filter Popular Posts